1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 9:40 AM by TSGal

2 basic questions

mariaitaly

Title

2 basic questions

QUESTION- CAN SOMEONE HELP? IF I PUT THE NUMBER "1" IN THE FIELD I CALLED "AGENCY N°" , HOW CAN THE AGENCY'S NAME, LETS'S SAY, "P&O" COME OUT AUTOMATICALLY IN THE OTHER FIELD CALLED "AGENCY NAME" ? THANKS ONE OTHER QUESTION I HAVE A FORM (FIRST LAYOUT) FULL OF INFORMATION, I PUT ALL THIS INFORMATION ON THE HEADERS SECTION, IGNORING THE OTHER SECTIONS (BECAUSE I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT AN A4 FORM) AND A SECOND LAYOUT, SAME INFO, WITH HEADERS, FIELDS AND TRAILING GRAND SUMMARY THE QUESTION IS THIS, ON THE FIRST LAYOUT, EACH RECORD CONTINUES WITH THE NEXT AND WHEN I GO TO PRINT I ALWAYS HAVE TO FIND A FIELD, SEE THAT ONLY ONE RECORD IS ON THE LEFT AND THEN PRINT, OTHERWISE IT PRINTS ALL THE RECORDS, FORM BY FORM. WHEREAS ON THE SECOND LAYOUT IF ALL THE RECORDS ARE PRESENT OF COURSE ONLY ONE SUMMARY OF ALL THE RECORDS ARE SEEN. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE FIRST LAYOUT, DO I ALLWAYS HAVE TO SEE ALL THE RECORDS AND ALLWAY "FIND" THE ONE I AM LOOKING FOR? THANKS mariaitaly@live.com

• 1. Re: 2 basic questions
          TSGal

mariaitaly:

Thank you for your post.

Assuming you have two tables linked together through "AGENCY NO", reference the AGENCY NAME from the related table; not the current table.  That way, when you type "1" in "AGENCY NO", FileMaker will look at the linked value in the other table and display the AGENCY NAME.

In a layout, the "Body" displays information for every record.  If you don't want to show every record, then remove the Body from the layout and just display the Grand Summary.  In Layout Mode, you can move fields and objects around to meet your needs.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.