1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2013 6:57 AM by philmodjunk

2 layouts side by side?

AlexanderBeremoti

Title

2 layouts side by side?

Good morning everyone! :)

I asked this question is another post that disappeared so I guess I should have created a new post instead for that question alone.

I recently switched from a 1080p screen (1920x1080) to a 27'' which has a native resolution of 2560x1440, so I have A LOT of workspace when working in Filemaker Pro. Is there any way that 2 layouts could show next to each other at all time instead of switching back and forth between them?

Like on the left I could have the list of my clients (layout number 1) and when I select one it shows the client info (layout number 2) on the right but without making the list on the left disappear? I hope I'm describing that the right way: think Outlook here when you open an email... A list with another section below/on the side that you can see the email content when you select one in the list.

Thanks again for all the help, super appreciated! :)

• 1. Re: 2 layouts side by side?
          philmodjunk

Please use Post A Answer to post follow up questions. Starting a new thread means that your readers don't see what went before and this can force you to reexplain a lot about your solution.

The only way to have two layouts open is to open two windows, one for each layout.

But you can also set up a portal in a form view layout listing your client info and then fields showing the details of that client could be placed next to the portal. A button in the portal row can perform a script that finds the record using a scripted find or Go To Related record to display the detail info.