2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2010 10:56 AM by comment_1

2 lists in one report

noisypenguin

Title

2 lists in one report

I am putting together a database for producing sales quotations. For a number of years we have used Access for this but now want the package to be MAC compatible and so are recreating it in FM10Adv.

As each product line is entered there is a field which may be selected to make a product line an optional item rather than include it in the grand total.

I then want the quotation report to list all the included items and prices and then have a "Optional items" header and below that list the optional items. Only the included items will then be included in the total at the foot of the report.

In Access I just inserted 2 subreports in the body of the report - How do I achieve the same thing in FM?

thank you

• 1. Re: 2 lists in one report
          philmodjunk

In filemaker portals may be used where you would use sub forms or sub reports in access.

There is a more flexible approach however. You can make your report a summary report based on your line items and group them under two sub-summary headers.

Here's a link to a simple tutorial on setting up summary reports that you may find useful:

Creating Filemaker Pro summary reports--Tutorial

• 2. Re: 2 lists in one report
            comment_1

noisypenguin wrote:

I then want the quotation report to list all the included items and prices and then have a "Optional items" header and below that list the optional items. Only the included items will then be included in the total at the foot of the report.

You need a calculation field that will return the price only when the item is included, e.g.  =

Case ( not Optional ; Qty * Price )