6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2010 2:04 PM by storywizard

2nd iteration of table not updating

storywizard

Title

2nd iteration of table not updating

Hello all:

I have a weird problem. The database I have built has two interations of some tables. There is one table in particular that is not updating the second iteration.Where should I begin to look for the solution...

Any helpful hints much appreciated

all the best,

Storywizard

• 1. Re: 2nd iteration of table not updating
          philmodjunk

Please explain what you mean by "two iterations". Two different tables, two table occurrences to the same table or...?

• 2. Re: 2nd iteration of table not updating
            storywizard

sorry, I have two occurances of the same table, one updates fine, the other does not...

S

• 3. Re: 2nd iteration of table not updating
              philmodjunk

Relationships?

Are they displayed in portals?

Describe what you are doing that isn't showing as an update in one of the two table occurrences.

• 4. Re: 2nd iteration of table not updating
                storywizard

graph of tables

Good morning:

ok..

I constructed a second set of table occurances to facilitate a "circulation module" for our production database.

On the original set up there is a table called Clients, this holds information about the students we produce texts for. There is a table called BooksFormat, which holds information about each part of the production process of the alternate format  text. In between these tables is a join table called BookClients. There is also a table joined to BooksFormat that holds information about each book that we are going to make into an audio or electronic text.

I have two layouts on the original set of tables that have a two row portal showing the ClientID and FullName. The portals are set to show related records from BooksClients. The records that are added to the Clients table show up as a drop down list using 'records from a table', in the portals. They update flawlessly in the first set of table occurances.

I then constructed a second occurance of some of these tables to facilitate a 'circulation module' for tracking lending of the texts. This is when I noticed recently that any new client records have not been showing up in the second set of records from the Client table. However all  information from the Titles table is updating.

I will stop here and see if that is enough info...and my appologies for not being detailed enogh yesterday..

all help greatfully accepted..

shows two occurances of tables

Storywizard

• 5. Re: 2nd iteration of table not updating
                  philmodjunk

This is when I noticed recently that any new client records have not been showing up in the second set of records from the Client table. However all  information from the Titles table is updating.

"Second set of records"? On what layout? In a portal based on...?

Just by looking at your relationship graph, I note that in the first set of TO's you have

A_clients---<A_BooksClients>-----A_BooksFormat

and in the second series of TO's you have:

A_clients 2---<A_BooksClients 2>-----A_Books

Note the different TO's on the end and the fact that they match to different fields in BooksClients. That could explain the difference you are seeing.

• 6. Re: 2nd iteration of table not updating
                    storywizard

HI Phil:

I have found another issue as well as the potential ones you have pointed out, so I am going to spend some time carefully going over my layouts...I will update this to let you know what is happening..

Thanks again...

all the best,

Storywizard