3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 1:22 AM by FlorianWiegand

3 Fields out of 15 dont submit changes to DB via IWP

FlorianWiegand

Title

3 Fields out of 15 dont submit changes to DB via IWP

Dear Forum Users,

we have build a maintenance management DB in Filemaker Pro 11 and use it via IWP. We have on 15 collumns which offer options via value lists. If one row of all fields are placed into the header section, the last three collumns (1xText Field and 2xNumber Fields) do not submit changes to the DB. In FM Pro it works perfectly, but in IWP it does not. If i move all Fields to the "Body" section they work. The problem only comes up when the fields are in the "Header" section. Why?

Thank you very much

Florian

• 1. Re: 3 Fields out of 15 dont submit changes to DB via IWP
          philmodjunk

When you put a field in the header and you have multiple records listed on your layout, which of the many records listed is being modified when you enter data into those fields in the header?

In FileMaker Pro, in browse mode, fields in the header will reference whichever record listed in the body has the focus--the current record. In preview/print/PDF this changes with each page, listing data from the first record listed on that page.

To which do they refer in IWP?

I don't know, but I'd check all the records in your table as you could be modifiying data in an unexpected record--perhaps the first record in the table? I'd try entering a very unique value into one of the fields and then performing a find for that value to see if any of the records in your table pop up with that value.

• 2. Re: 3 Fields out of 15 dont submit changes to DB via IWP
            FlorianWiegand

Hello Phil,

thank you for your ideas. In IWP we select one record, which then gets moved to first place and is referenced in the header. I have 17 fields in the header which is identical to the other records. The fields are text fields and number fields which use a drop down menue using a value list. All fields work in the header except three of them. All of the fields are in the same table as well. Via FMP it works like a charm, but it does not work in IWP.

Thank you

• 3. Re: 3 Fields out of 15 dont submit changes to DB via IWP
              FlorianWiegand

Dear Phil,

i found the solution to my problem. The fields i had inside the body were editable in browse mode. So when i select one record in IWP, it is ready for editing. The drop down menu inside the header cannot write to the record since it is already open for editing. I made the fields inside the body to be locked in browse mode and only editable via the header fields. It works great now.

Thank you

Florian