3 or more relational fields
I'm new to FMP and I would like to create a report that has 4 fields that are related to each other once you select from the first drop down menu.
I wanted know what's the best way to create the tables without having to repeat the data multiple times to cover every possible scenario and how do I link them together? Relationships, join tables, scripts, calculations (IF function)?
I'll keep my example simple, let's say I have dealership that sells Cars & Motorcycles (MC). I would like to create a portal so that I can create drop down menus based on what was sold.
- 1 2 3 4
- Cars -> Honda -> Accord -> EX
- Cars -> Honda -> Accord -> LX
- Cars -> Honda -> Civic -> Sedan
- Cars -> Honda -> Civic -> Coupe
- MC -> Honda -> CBR -> 1000rr
- MC -> Honda -> CBR -> 600rr
- MC -> Honda -> CBR -> 300r
- MC -> Honda -> CBR -> 250r
As you can see from above, some of the records would be duplicates (CARS, MC, etc.) so if I had to create a real list of every model based on manufacturer it would be very long. Is there a way to make this more efficient?
Thank you for taking a look.