2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 8:18 AM by philmodjunk

3 tables - one layout

wheymans

Title

3 tables - one layout

Hello,

I have 3 tables: PERSONS, PACKAGE1-LineItems, PACKAGE2-LineItems

On the persons-table i can create records (through a portal) in package1-LineItems and in package2-LineItems.

Is it possible to get all the records of Package1-LineItems and Package2-LineItems on 1 layout?

Thx,

Wim

• 1. Re: 3 tables - one layout
          RowlandPenty

Do you mean have a layout with two portals: one displaying every record in the table Packange 1-LineItems, and another displaying every record in the table Package2-LineItems?

If so, you can create another table and join it to those two with a cartesian join (x). This will relate every record. 

Now a portal in a layout showing records from the new table will show all records in those two tables.

(not sure if that makes total sense, i'm relatively new but have had to do this myself recently)

• 2. Re: 3 tables - one layout
            philmodjunk

Is it possible to get all the records of Package1-LineItems and Package2-LineItems on 1 layout?

There is no reason why you can't have two portals on the same layout, one to Package1-LineItems and one to Package2-Lineitems, but judging strictly by the table names used here, I would seriously consider putting all the LineItems records in to one table, not two.