1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 3:23 PM by philmodjunk

7 companies - 7 different views

wheymans

Title

7 companies - 7 different views

In a short while i have to build a database with a login for 7 Companies. These 7 Companies have to be able to see their own Person-record ad their own Contact-records. They should not be able to see the Peron- and Contactrecords from another Company.

Should i create a Persons-tabe for each company? Should i create a Contact-table for each Company? What's the best way to do so? I should have an overview of everything...

Thanks for helping me out...

• 1. Re: 7 companies - 7 different views
          philmodjunk

Record Level Access can control this. It uses the person's account or privilege set name and a "lock expression" to determine which records are accessible for that user:

To start see "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a description of how to set this up.

And here's a second hint: Any find performed by the user or by a script will automatically omit records from the found set if access privileges don't permit the user to view the record. This can help keep the user from encountering records covered with a screen and the words <No Access>.

And a third hint: with FileMaker Advanced, you can set up a custom menu where a menu option such as Show All performs a script instead of the original action. This can then become a "show all allowed records" action instead of the original Show All Records..