3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2013 7:19 AM by philmodjunk

:: How to remove gap in preview mode..

ZahaliaDelderfield

Title

:: How to remove gap in preview mode..

Hi all,

New to Filemaker, so please bear with me..

Have a set of data in list view which looks fine, but when I preview it, the design does not continue to the footer; instead it leaves  a big ugly gap. I've attached a screenshot to show the gap - between where the last field of data ends and where the footer is. I want the same colour/design to continue all the way to the bottom automatically on each page because it ruins the flow of the theme. How would I resolve this?

Regards,

Z

Screen_Shot_2013-05-01_at_11.41.07_AM.png

• 1. Re: :: How to remove gap in preview mode..
          DillipKumarMahapatra

In the inspector Position tab go to last Sliding & Visibility section. There you have option to slide up your object. By selecting the footer part and set "Sliding up based on", you can slide the Footer part towards up. So when you go to your Preview mode the footer part will move up if there will be a gap between body and footer. Just try this and i hope it will work for you.

• 2. Re: :: How to remove gap in preview mode..
            philmodjunk

Footers don't slide. They stay positioned at the bottom of the page like they are designed to be. I can't see from your screen shot, what change you want to make, but get the point that you have a gap between the body and the footer.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1.           It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
            3.           Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
            5.           All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
            7.           Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
            9.           Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
            11.           Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
            13.           Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
            • 3. Re: :: How to remove gap in preview mode..
              philmodjunk

A trailing grand summary part will close the gap, unlike a footer, but that has it's own limitations so it may or may not be an option here.