2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2012 4:11 PM by GuyStevens

A chart for room reservations

RedzwanLatif

Title

A chart for room reservations

Hi. I'm setting up a small hotel management system . I'm using Filemaker Pro Advanced 11.

How do I create a chart /block chart to display available rooms, full rooms and reserved rooms?

Do I need plug-ins?

Thanks in advance Smile

• 1. Re: A chart for room reservations
          philmodjunk

Probably just filtered portals to a reservations table. You can select a given date and the one row portals can update to display the status for each room in their portals.

Obviously, there's a lot of detail work that needs to be done, starting the the tables you design to manage rooms and reservations and what relationships you devise to link them.

• 2. Re: A chart for room reservations
            GuyStevens

You might want to take a look at this one:

http://www.nightwing.com.au/FileMaker/demos7/demo705.html

It's a really neat example.

I also made a booking / reservation system in my filemaker database. It works a little bit the same as the Booking system in my link. You give in a start date and an end date and you get a listing of all the available items for that period (it's for equipment rental, not for hotel rooms.)

I also wanted to make a calendar type chart in the beginning, but this way is a lot easier. And makes more sense I think.