2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2010 4:33 PM by philmodjunk

A COUNTIF TYPE OF FUNCTION

khank

Title

A COUNTIF TYPE OF FUNCTION

I believe this only can be handled through a "count" function. 

The first Layout is named "SeasonNums", it has 3 fields (ID, Name and MeetNums). 

There are 10 records with a column of daily updated numbers named "MeetNums" (3-12's, 2-10's, 2-9's, 2-8's and 1-11).

I am looking to have a total for each individual number to appear on the second layout named "NumsList", this is where I want those totals to appear. Numbers will range from 0 to a max of 23.

This is where I'm getting hung up.  Wouldn't I need some sort of list of the 23 numbers to relate the incoming number totals to from "SeasonNums"?

I do have both layouts linked via relationship.

What is the easiest way to do that?

I don't want a summary because I want to use those numbers later on.

See attached file for reference.

TOTALING_INDIVIDUAL_NUMBERS.jpg

• 1. Re: A COUNTIF TYPE OF FUNCTION
          philmodjunk

This is a key question: Is SeasonNums::MeetNums a number field or some kind of calculation field? If a calculation what is it's calculation?

A relationship like this:

NumList::NumsBase = SeasonNums::MeetNums

will only work for your count function in NumList if SeasonNums::MeetNums is a stored, indexed field.

• 2. Re: A COUNTIF TYPE OF FUNCTION
            philmodjunk

Khank,

You sent me a private message confirming that the field is of type number. I'd normally reply there, but the new forum software release is glitching out and not letting me reply to private messages.

In that case, a calculation field defined in NumList as Count ( SeasonNums::MeetNums ) will return the correct count for you. You can actually use any field from SeasonNums as the parameter for the count function as long as the field is not blank for any of the matching records.