2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2013 3:01 PM by bvillarreal

A link to the filemaker pro database record

bvillarreal

Title

A link to the filemaker pro database record

Is there a way to create a webpage with all the records link onto the filemaker pro database? 

Let said.. I create a record and finish and then automatic a link appears on a webpage where user can click on it to see the record (pdf).   

• 1. Re: A link to the filemaker pro database record
          philmodjunk

How did we get from a record to a PDF? A PDF can be generated from a single record a group of records or all the records in your database. And relationships can pull together data from multiple tables into a single PDF.

This sounds like something you could produce by setting up a list view of container fields. Each container field would have a PDF inserted into it. And a script in FIleMaker can use Save As PDF to generate that PDF and then additional script steps could insert that PDF into the appropriate container field.

• 2. Re: A link to the filemaker pro database record
            bvillarreal

What I want to do is if I have five records in my database, I want to share it with others as a pdf.  I can save the record in PDF but want to have a link on a webpage.  And also show that there are two or more records for that person..

Display like:

Person 1

Person 2 (2)

Person 3

Person 4