2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2008 11:58 AM by Victor

a question regarding percentage calculation

Victor

Title

a question regarding percentage calculation

Hello,

In fm 9, is there a way to do percentage of Summary field?. Here is what I am trying to do: I have db that track programs so for each program I have different status, example, enrolled, graduate, Withdraw. If a program has 30 student enrolled, 5 are withdraw, 5 graduate. I need find out what is the percentage of withdraw students from that program. I am able to break down all the total base of status. I need to do this using summary report format. i have included screenshot of excel sample i create it of what i want to do in FM 9.

• 1. Re: a question regarding percentage calculation
          Kundinger

Hi "Victor",

Simple solution...

Assuming your XL columns correspond with your FMP fields and your XL rows correspond with your FMP records...

Your "WD%" field would be a calc {number} "WD%=WD/Enrolled"  - be sure to set the "Numbers" format for this field in the Layout Mode

Your "Enrolled_Total" and "WD_Total" fields need to be 'Summary' fields {Total of...} and they need to be in a "Summary Part" in your layout

Your "WD%_Total" field needs to be a calc {number} "WD%_Total=WD-Total/Enrolled_Total"  - again, be sure to set the "Numbers" format for this field in the Layout Mode and include this field in the "Summary Part" of your layout

Oh, one more thing...  you will want to set your layout to be 'viewed' as a "List"

I hope this helps... Good Luck!!!

Kundinger 

• 2. Re: a question regarding percentage calculation
            Victor

Kundinger, 

Those number are totals of each status for that program.  i set up the fields to be summary field. here how i set up.

c_enrolled=status="enrolled"

c_graduate=status="graduate"

c_wd=status="withdrawn"

s_enrolled=summary total of c_enrolled

s_graduate=summary total of c_graduate

s_wd=sumarry of total of c_wd 

so when i create my report, i am usin sub-summary report sort by program name and to show my totals.  so i need to show s_total percentage for that WD column for each program.

thank you for your help.