1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 10:55 AM by philmodjunk

A save changes button

tony24601

Title

A save changes button

Hi,

I've mentioned before that I have this current layout that has order information. On this layout is a portal to the list of items bought, so you can enter in the items bought, and then it creates records for each individual item. This way there is information on both purchases and individual items. The problem is that the person I'm doing this for doesn't want any of this information to save until you hit a save button so that orders don't get partially filled out or whatnot. I've been trying to figure out a way to do this for a little while now, but really haven't had any luck. I think it would be easy if the portal weren't there. Just make global fields, and copy everything into a real record when you hit save, but I really can't think of a good way to do that when you'd have multiple items in a portal associated to the purchase record (they are related by purchaseRecordID. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Tony

• 1. Re: A save changes button
          philmodjunk

Hmmm, there may be a better way, but you could define a relationship where you parent record has a global field with a value such as -1 (some value that won't match any existing purchaseRecordID).

When you save the record, find the portal records with this value and update them to the new purchase record's ID number. If you cancel the data entry, you'll need to find these records and delete them.