A simple relationship ?
I’ve not found out, up to now, tutorials or posts on forums explaining clearly how to build such a simple (?) relationship.
Present state : The Filemaker Tutorial ‘Invoices’ incorporated in the Filemaker File includes 3 tables
- Line items
Table Invoices, the layout ‘Record Detail-Invoices” includes a portal wich shows related records from “Line Items”.
- Choose a product, (in the related table ‘Products’)
- Fill the quantity required
- Display the unit price of the product by using a Lookup int the related table “Products
- Update the inventory with a script ….
What I wish to do :
In the table “Products”, add categories (and sub-categories, if needed)
And, when using the line items portal,
- be able to select on a category list the right category
- and select the right product amongst the ones belonging to that category
If I modify the relationship “Line Items” – “Products”, and I build it on “category” only, I get, in the portal, the category drop down list, and the product list of this category, but the Lookup doesn’t work then for the price of the product itself.
How should I build the relationship to get the category list first, the product list belonging to the selected category next, and the looked up price of the selected product. ?
Thanks in advance for your replies