Ability to highlight row in table view
How can I highlight a row in table view if I click on a record?
Use conditional formatting to change the fill color of the fields.
1) Enter layout mode and add all the fields that might be viewed in this table view to the body of your layout.
2) Select them all at the same time and right click. Select "conditional format".
3) Give them this expression: $$RecordID = Get ( RecordID )
4) Specify the fill color that you want to use for the "highlight".
5) Write this script: Set Variable [$$RecordID ; Get ( RecordID ) ]
6) Go to Layout Setup... and selec the OnRecordLoad script trigger to perform this script.
Note: If you are using FileMaker 12, you can simply select all the fields as described above and just specify a fill color for the hightlight. Then open layout setup... and make sure that the "Delineate..." option is selected.
I've done this and undone this and tweaked this so many times my head is spinning and I just can't make it work. Does this not work in FM17? - Thanks!
Worked for me once I added Refresh Window as a second step in the script.
On FM17 calculation for the conditional format can be
Get(ActiveRecordNumber) = Get(RecordNumber)
then need no script.
Thank you! works perfectly. - oops spoke too soon. Any idea why the two date fields on the layout won't highlight?
Look at your layout while in layout mode. Are they on the layout? If so, check them for the conditional format setting and see if they have it.
Plus, in table view, clicking on a field puts the focus in the field and on the record. The "in focus" appearance setting for the field will override the conditional format so you may need to change it to something that works with your conditional format.
This was perfect. I have been thinking about doing something like this in several tables. I tried User19752. It worked in the first file perfectly. I went to the second file and it does not work. I thought it might be that the second is viewed as a Table, where the first was viewed as a List, but that was not a problem. The one that works does so whether viewed as Table or List. The one that does not, does not in either. I will keep playing with it.
Thank you user19752 for the simple solution.
It looks "in focus" is not applied on table view, it use "normal" to override conditional format
Retrieving data ...