Ability to highlight row in table view
How can I highlight a row in table view if I click on a record?
Use conditional formatting to change the fill color of the fields.
1) Enter layout mode and add all the fields that might be viewed in this table view to the body of your layout.
2) Select them all at the same time and right click. Select "conditional format".
3) Give them this expression: $$RecordID = Get ( RecordID )
4) Specify the fill color that you want to use for the "highlight".
5) Write this script: Set Variable [$$RecordID ; Get ( RecordID ) ]
6) Go to Layout Setup... and selec the OnRecordLoad script trigger to perform this script.
Note: If you are using FileMaker 12, you can simply select all the fields as described above and just specify a fill color for the hightlight. Then open layout setup... and make sure that the "Delineate..." option is selected.
Retrieving data ...