2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 4:04 AM by Adam

Access "Form" record from "List" then return to same exact position in "List" on exit "Form"

Adam

Title

Access "Form" record from "List" then return to same exact position in "List" on exit "Form"

Hi,

I'm new to FM and so far have learnt quite a few things but I seem to be struggling on this one.

When I am in List View and select a record, it takes me to the Form View to make appropriate edits, when I then click back on the List view from the tabbed window buttons I have made on the header, it takes me back to the top of the list and not to the position in the list I was previously.

Is there any way to make this tabbed button I have return me back to the exact position on the list I was before entering Form View??

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Access "Form" record from "List" then return to same exact position in "List" on exit "Form"
          schamblee

FM goes back to the same record that you are on in the form view.  In list view, it will go to the record that has focus.  

Apparently the button you setup goes to a different record.  FM has built in buttons at top, one for form, list and table views.   You can set the record number to a variable then use it go to record by calculation to go back to the original number.

• 2. Re: Access "Form" record from "List" then return to same exact position in "List" on exit "Form"
            Adam

Hi schamblee, thanks for your reply but I think I could of worded my original question a little better.

I have attached screenshots for help.

I have 1 "LAYOUT" set to "LIST VIEW" which I use to show a summary of all records.

When I click on a record it takes me to my second "LAYOUT" which is set to "FORM VIEW".

Once I have made my edits to the record I click back on my "INVENTORY" tab which takes me back to the "LAYOUT" on "LIST VIEW" but for some reason it always takes me back to the start of the list and not the record I clicked on ??

I would rather it take me back to the position in the list where the record is I clicked on originally.

Hope this explains a little better

1.png

2.png