1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 10:45 AM by philmodjunk

Access privilege problem on startup

dzittin

Title

Access privilege problem on startup

Background:

When I start up a FM application as a "user" with user privileges I get a pop-up that says: Your access priviliges do not allow you to perform this action.

Apparently it is because I have not given script executable privileges to "user". Indeed, the startup init script (File->specifiy startup script) does not execute when this privilege is shut off.

Here is my dilema and I hope there is a solution. When I create a run-time solution I want to be able to re-login as a full-privilege admin and be able to execute any script, but I do not want a user to have script access (via a menu) at all. Of course, the user needs script execute privileges, but I don't want them to run individual scripts via a script menu. As a privileged user I need script access to dump data and perhaps run some diagnostics that users would normally not have access to.

Do I have to create special diagnostics and dump/restore menu items that are available to users or is there a way to have a ghosted script menu that becomes active when I re-login as a privileged user? As it is now, the user privilege can execute any script via a menu. The only thing they cannot do is manage scripts. I want the whole thing ghosted until the re-login.

Ideas?

• 1. Re: Access privilege problem on startup
          philmodjunk

When you open the manage scripts dialog, there's a checkbox next to each script. Only those scripts for which you have selected this option by clicking this checkbox will be listed in the scripts menu so you can clear these check boxes to remove all scripts from teh scripts menu. As developer with full access, you can still access and run these scripts from Manage Scripts so you do not need them listed in the scripts menu.