3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 3:40 PM by philmodjunk

Account login error

JayChakraborty

Title

Account login error

Environment; Server FM 11 Ver4 (mac 10.7)

Client : FM 11 Ver3 (windows 7)

I just created an account and set a password. Priv (only DataEntry)

While I'm trying to log in to the FM system using the newly created account, it ask me to enter enter user id password and I did. Then it kept on asking me to provide the userid/passwd to access .pref and seems the userid/password combination (which I just created) is no longer working. But interesting point is on the back of that userid/passwd modal window, the contact form is already opened and if I click cancel I could even see the list of the contacts.

Definitely I'm not typing the wrong password, as I have reset the password (same) several times and no question of typo.

License limitation is also not an issue here. We have 5 seat license and at present only three are logged in.

Please help. I'm attaching the screen shots too.

Thanks,

Jay

Pic_008.jpg

• 1. Re: Account login error
          philmodjunk

Might you have more than one file to your system with different accounts and/or password defined in each?

Is there a script running that uses the ReLogIn script step?

It's of small comfort now, but it's not a bad idea to save a copy of your file just before you start working with account security settings. That way if you get locked out somehow, you always have the option of discarding the file and using the back up copy that you had made.

• 2. Re: Account login error
            JayChakraborty

Please let me know the detailed steps to find that account related file you just mentioned. And also how to backup the security settings.

I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jay

• 3. Re: Account login error
              philmodjunk

You don't back up your security settings. You save a copy of the file before you try changing them. Pull down the file menu and you'll see an option called "save a copy as". If it's greyed out, your file is hosted over a network and you'll need to make a copy from eithe the server admin console If hosted by FileMaker Server or use Save A Copy As, from the host computer if hosted by FileMaker Pro.

There are no detailed steps for an 'account related file'. That's not what I meant. It's possible to design a database that consists of more than one file. If you have more than one file in your database design, then it's possible to get a password log in dialog appearing for each such file. You can pull down the window menu (check the "show" sub menu also) to see what other files might be open if this is not a system that you created.