1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 9:47 AM by philmodjunk

Account/Password Error - Please help!!

villa

Title

Account/Password Error - Please help!!

We were using FM Pro 8.5 on Windows XP and our computer died. We got a new Windows 7 PC and installed FM Pro 11 successfully. However, when opening the *.fp7 file it is telling me the account and password I entered cannot be used to access this file, try again later. We have used the same password for the past 5 years. The only other noteworthy thing is that the Account Name was originally set up (accidentally) with a space in front of it. So when we logged in we had to backspace before the account name and then type the password. I have tried adding the space, using all caps, etc. but nothing works. I can only view the file as a guest. I also tried recovering the file and that was successful but the account/password will still not allow me to open it.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Account/Password Error - Please help!!
          philmodjunk

Do you have back up copies to test? Recover is usually successful but there are no guarantees.

Account names are not case sensitive. Passwords are. This one's obvious, but in case you didn't check for it: Make sure your caps lock key isn't down while entering the password.

"...opening the *.fp7 file it is telling me the account and password I entered cannot be used to access this file, try again later."

Is not the standard filemaker message for entering the wrong account/password. Any chance this is a WIndows 7 password on the filemaker file or folder? SInce you've installed on a new computer with a new OS, check to see if your user account has the right settings.