AnsweredAssumed Answered

Active and Alternate row formatting for Table View

Question asked by JohnDee on May 8, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 by beverly

Title

Active and Alternate row formatting for Table View

I am having a really hard time implementing active row and alternate row state colours in fmp in table view. I ‘ve read quite a bit on it, documentation, blogs, threads here etc. (whatever there is to read, which of course isn’t much), but I am not having much lack. I am getting the basics right setting colors via the insperctor for primary, active and alternate and then I select one option for my body, either one, so far so good… then nothing works at best I get one coloured line at the end and the rest of the layout in table view where there is not text is coloured.

I read somewhere that transparency might be an issue, I am not sure I ‘ve figured this out, but I ‘ve used light colours with it. In any case if anyone can be…well… a bit more transparent on what fm expects me to do, I ‘d be very happy. :)

(p.s. In addition when I ‘ve selected an option for active or alternate state rows via the body dialog box, and then I right click on the left of the table view I get “alternate state row locked) (or active locked as the case might be). The way I understand this is that the option to change a colour is locked. Then why is it giving me the option to select a colour (but not a custom one)? This option is not available really and I guess it shouldn’t be choosable, that’s bad ui design, imho.)

Outcomes