2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 12:10 AM by sunmoonstar.13

Active field highlight colour

WinstonChurchill

Title

Active field highlight colour

Sorry if it's a simple solution, I've just started the learning curve and have someway to go yet. I'm following a tutorial and creating a slightly different version of the tutorial work file that more fits my own goals which are in a large part going to be used on an iPad with little or no intention of printing except to pdfs.

As such I have chosen white text on a near black background (tab), my body is pale yellow. When browsing, the active field text becomes highlighted pale yellow (whether that's anything to do with the body colour I couldn't be sure, but I suspect it is)

How do I change the colour of the text highlight. I assume I'll come across it in the tutorials I'm working on at some point, but until I do, It's making that learning curve a bit slower.

• 1. Re: Active field highlight colour
          philmodjunk

Check for a conditional format on the field in question. Enter layout mode, right click it and select the conditional format option to see if anything has been set up for it.

• 2. Re: Active field highlight colour
            sunmoonstar.13

I think I know what you mean...

When you select the entire contents of a field, the field "highlights" with a particular colour, to indicate that you've selected it. This "highlight" or "selection" colour is sort of a complimentary colour, which FMP automatically varies depending on the colour of the text in the field and the fill colour you've set for the field.

As far as I know, there's no way to change this "highlight" or "selection" colour. You'll have to play around with your colour choices until you get a "highlight" colour that you're happy with.

Nick