AnsweredAssumed Answered

Add Account Script Step Question

Question asked by Twistan on Jan 8, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 by Twistan

Title

Add Account Script Step Question

FM 11 Pro Advanced, Mac 10.7

Hello,

I am not a professional developer, just an occasional user, but with a strong mathematical and scientific background.

I try to add a script step to add a new account, which works fine when I do it according to approach #1 but not when I do it according to approach #2.

I am curious to learn from the pro's why the second approach does not work. (In the follwowing I have not typed the precise syntax, just the logical approach, I have also omitted the if, else if's etc.))

Approach #1:

1. Make custom dialog with two input fields, and button 1 (Create), button 2 (Cancel).

2. If button=1 Perform Script ("New Account", Script parameter: List ( table::Account Name ; table::Password )

3. The script "New account" takes the contents of  table::Account Name and  table::Password with

GetValue ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ; 1 ) and GetValue ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ; 2 )

Approach #12:

1. same as #1

2. directly followed by step "Add Account" with GetField ( Access::Account Name ), GetField ( Access::Password )

I can see in the data viewer that the user entered data is written to the (global) fields "account name" and "password" but GetField () does not read out the data.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

Twistan

Outcomes