Add data from Portal 1 to Portal 2
I have three tables: COMPOs, TOPICsCOMPOs, and TOPICs. I also have a TOPICsCOMPOs2 occurrence.
Attached is a view of the relationships.
On the COMPOs layout I have 2 portals. The 1st portal is TOPICs where row by row shows all of the ‘Topic Names’ in TOPICs. That portal is already functioning via a working relationship.
The 2nd portal is TOPICsCOMPOs2. Following in the next paragraph is how information should be created in the TOPICsCOMPOs2 portal.
- On each row of the TOPICs portal there is an “Add” button.
- When clicked the “Add” will run a script that will perform a Set Variable for the particular TOPICs ID number.
- The script then takes you to the last row of the TOPICsCOMPOs2 portal.
- The TOPICsCOMPOs2 portal field (#1) ‘TOPICs ID’ is filled with the Set Variable.
- The TOPICsCOMPOs2 portal field (#2) ‘Topic Name’ has a calculation that pulls over the Topic Name from the TOPICs database.
I don’t think I will have any problem with the script.
It is the relationships that I am having difficulty with. Am I correct in having the 2nd occurrence of the TOPICsCOMPOs table?
How do I get this to work? I’m almost there but yet pretty far away. Could someone help me with this?
FMPro ADV 10.0