2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 12:58 PM by LeeMoreau

Add file from a portal?

LeeMoreau

Title

Add file from a portal?

Hey everyone just wondering the best way to do this.  I have an accounts table which is related to content management.  In content management I have the accountID as a look up field from the Accounts table, and then have a file container field and so on.  Under the account I made a portal showing Content Management and listing all the files uploaded there.

Right now you click the file row in the portal and it goes to that record.  I'd like to avoid this so that clicking it instead just downloads it to their computer to open it.  How can I make it though so that I can upload a file from this layout?  The only way I've been able to make it work is by putting the container field super tiny so that it fits on the row of the portal, and then clicking a new row, and right clicking that and going Insert file.  Very clunky.  Ideally I'd like to have 2 buttons on a new row, upload and delete, so that clicking upload prompts to upload a file.  I tried the Insert File script but it always gives an error.  Is this possible or do I have to only upload files by right clicking a container field and selecting insert file?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Add file from a portal?
          GuyStevens

You can easily make a button. But the button should either be placed inside the portal row or the script should be made so that you go to the correct portal and then the correct portal row (like the last one) to insert a file.

You also have to specify the container field you will be placing your file in.

• 2. Re: Add file from a portal?
            LeeMoreau

Okay thanks, maybe that's the problem I'm having because the button pops up an error about in order to use this button you must insert or press tab on some field.  Googled it but didn't find anything on what that meant, but didn't realize I had to specify the container field, so let me check that again as that would probably do it thanks!