2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2013 6:00 AM by applelakshan1

add new values to checkbox via script

applelakshan1

Title

add new values to checkbox via script

Hello experts , I like to know how to add new values to checkbox  by script.

let me explaing more,
           Its web application and my field name is accents, spme people can have more accents, and  i canot add new values  (other than predefined ) to checkboxes from web  (acording to me),  but i need  the way that i can enable the users to  be able to add new  accents which is not already in the checkbox.

what i have in mind, (unless you have another idea),

** i understood that putiing those value to seperate table and create value list  based on that table  will do this trick. but ill go for that option if i didnt find a solution:).

01. inventing new field that user can type (web )
           02. add that value to the checkbox by fiemaker script. --->  i need help with this step (will run under  the Filemaker Pro)

Thanks guys . 

• 1. Re: add new values to checkbox via script
          philmodjunk

Basing your values on a table would seem the best way to go, but for checkboxes, it raises a new issue: There's a set size to your check box formatted field, once the number of values exceeds the size of the check box field, not all the check box values will be viisble. And Web published databases can display much smaller lists of checkboxes than can Filemaker.

You might want to get away from a design based on a single field of multiple checkbox values. A portal ( or list view ) of individual records--one for each value and with a "select" check box/button on them might prove to be a much more flexible approach.

• 2. Re: add new values to checkbox via script
            applelakshan1

yes i made new table to hold this values, all works like perfect now :), Thanks