2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2010 2:04 PM by AlexGodines

Add record with check box

bigtone

Title

Add record with check box

First time poster here but have been using these great forums for a few weeks now building a new database, however I've finally hit a brick wall.

I have a relatively simple job, purchasing, product and inventory management system. I based the job system on Filemaker's purchase order template so there is a Job table containing the delivery address etc then a portal which adds records to a Job Line Items table. The Jobs Line Items table in turn looks up product codes and descriptions records from the Product table.

What I'm trying to do is create a button that sits next to the Job Line Items in the portal and when the Job is complete you just check the box to book the item out of stock. Thus a new record is created in the inventory table marking the item out of stock. I'm afraid I haven't a clue how to do it.

The reasoning behind the check box and not wanting all items to be booked out is certain line items may be a service therefore have no inventory level.

Please help.

Many thanks 

On other thing, it would be ideal, but not essential, if when the check box is unchecked the record is deleted. 

• 1. Re: Add record with check box
          philmodjunk

Filemaker 9 or earlier: You can set up your check box field as a button so that clicking it triggers a script to do what you want. It can check the value of the field to determine whether it is adding or deleting a record.

Filemaker 10: you can set up the field with a script trigger that performs a script when the field is modified.

• 2. Re: Add record with check box
            AlexGodines

Well on my line items I got 

Product ID      Category       Product description    Product Quantity    Days   Product unitprice  Subtotal  

We rent out stuff so everything is a set price but we got a seprate price when they lose somthing a L/D price. I want to make a Button in the Portal That scripts it to Take the L/D price from the products list and replaces the product unit price and change teh category to "Lost" or Damage since that has a diffrent price aswell. maybe use a check box with scripts? any tips?

Btw there all connected by the Invoice ID