3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2014 6:45 AM by philmodjunk

Add Records to Portal -

bkeenfm41

Title

Add Records to Portal -

I am writing a script to add new records to portal, however; it will not accept input for all fields in portal. {Fields: Date, Test Type, Results}. It will allow me to input date, results and then go to next record. I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

• 1. Re: Add Records to Portal -
          philmodjunk

How did you add these fields to your portal?

Are all of the fields from the same table occurrence as the portal?

If you select the fields where you can't enter data, while in layout mode and check the behavior settings on the Inspector's data tab, is the browse mode check box selected?

If your script is failing to set these fields to values, you'll need to post your script.

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post a New Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.
          • 2. Re: Add Records to Portal -
            bkeenfm41

The field that does not allow me to enter data is from a drop down list. I checked the settings and the browse mode is selected. I am attaching a screen shot of the script. I have other screen shots regarding the tables, relationship graph, etc. but was unable to upload more than one JPG at a time.

Thanks for comments and suggestions.

• 3. Re: Add Records to Portal -
              philmodjunk

Nothing in your script will have any effect on whether or not you can enter date into a particular field in your portal.

If, in portal setup | Show Related Records From, "EZ Wine Test Results R2.0 V080214" is selected, your go to field step will put the cursor into the test__date_ts field. IF this is not the table occurrence specified in Show Related Records From, it might not be able to, other design details may prevent it.

But I would put Go to portal row [Last] in front of the go to field step as that step might also affect which field get's the focus.

But even if the script fails to put the cursor into this field, can you click on the field and enter data? If not, then some aspect of your database design is preventing you from editing the field. There are several possible ways that might happen which is why I've asked some questions about the design of this layout.