2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2009 3:23 PM by steelbut

Add up a column if...

steelbut

Title

Add up a column if...

I am working to add a column if another column has these values and I have tried all types of combinations adn hopefully someone a lot smarter then I can help with making this work.

One of the combinations I have been tring is ;

Case (
      Jobs::final_delivery_communication  =
      "Final"; mfg over_under;
      Jobs::final_delivery_communication   =
       "Wait Fac" ; mfg over_under;
      Jobs::final_delivery_communication   = 
      "Wait Cus" ; mfg over_under;
      Jobs::final_delivery_communication =  
       "Week of"; mfg over_under)

Basiclly I am looking to see if the field  Jobs::final_delivery_communication have those values and if they do add the numbers together in mfg over_under. 

The weird thing is if you click around in the fields the date changes and value changes in the field I am tring to calclate above...  On the date I am calling Get(CurrentDate) from the auto-enter.  

Thanks, Larry

• 1. Re: Add up a column if...
          TSGal

steelbut:

Thank you for your post.

Another combination is:

If (Jobs::final_delivery_communication = "Final" or Jobs::final_delivery_communication = "Wait Fac" or Jobs::final_delivery_communication = "Wait Cus" or Jobs::final_delivery_communication = "Week of" ; mfg over-under ; 0 )

Then, create a Summary field that is a Total of the calculation field.

None of your other fields should change unless you have a date field with the option set for modification date.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Add up a column if...
            steelbut

Wow, it worked great!  Thank you so much,  I was wondering how to use a summery field with a calculation - but it makes since to calculate then summerize..

Thanks again,  Larry