AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding a record on the Many side of a relationship

Question asked by jkostenbader on Jun 1, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 by jkostenbader

Title

Adding a record on the Many side of a relationship

Not sure this is titled correctly but here's my basic question. I have two tables...Employees and Comments. There  is a one-to-many relationship between employees and comments (each employee can  have many comments) and its set up properly. On the employees layout there is a portal that lists the many comments and one of the buttons on the portal row allows me to navigate to a comments layout where you can see a larger window for extended comments. Having the employee ID in the comments table allows me to do a lookup and draw in the employee full name. 

Ideally I'd like to have a popover window on the comments layout that lists all the employees and allow me to generate a new comment right from the comments layout. Right now the popover has a portal on it and through a Cartisian join back to the comments table I have a list of employees displaying but that's where I'm stuck. I'm not sure how to populate the employee ID in the comments table with a button

Hopefully that explaination wasn't too long and I didn't leave out a relevant details. Any help would be appreciated

John

6-1-2015_1-07-59_PM.png

Outcomes