Do ALL records include an Honorific Title?
Does your text need to align to the Right?
Your example shows text aligned to Left.
IF this is correct:
• In Layout Mode, enter the cursor to the right of <<PrintName>>
• Enter a space, then insert the <<HonorificTitle>> merge field.
• Result should look like: <<PrintName>> <<HonorificTitle>>
IF your text should be aligned to Right and/or some records do NOT include an honorific title,
THEN you might create a Calculation Field that may be merged on the Print Layout instead of <<PrintName>>.
In English (Left to Right), for example, we might use the following calculation to avoid any unnecessary spaces preceding <<PrintName>> (in the event no Prefix data is available):
• TitleName = If ( IsEmpty ( HonorificTitle ); “”; HonorificTitle & “ “ ) & PrintName
• Merge field on Print Layout should look like: <<TitleName>>
In Japan, an honorific title is used when addressing anyone at almost any time.
My text fields are intentionally aligned to the Left.
I followed your instructions, and the results were perfect.
You've saved the day for me, and I appreciate your help very much!