AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding records to a linked table based on a conditional field of the present filtered set.

Question asked by JohnTracy on Feb 24, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 by JohnTracy

Title

Adding records to a linked table based on a conditional field of the present filtered set.

Per post title, I have a need to have a drop-down object that contains records of a filtered table and related to the current open record.  What I have in mind for appearance and action, would be like a drop-down value list but ancually be selected fields in filtered records of a related table and anchored to the current record in List View.  I don't care if this drop down lays over subsequent records of the working view or <temporarily> pushes the subsequent records down.  I will need to add records to this drop-down portal (window) before committing the present open record.

A conditionally created portal may work, but I can't find a way to do this.

Alternatively, creating a <temporary> new window with a filtered layout and based on the related table would probably work.  Additionally this new window would idlealy be anchored to the initial window so it appears as a drop-down.  I haven't tried this yet, but I expect I could get it to initially appear in the right spot but I don't have high confidendce that I could get it to move with the window that created it.

Does any one have any suggestions?  Please.

Outcomes