3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2010 9:00 AM by philmodjunk

Adding tasks to Contact Management solution

SteveAldridge

Title

Adding tasks to Contact Management solution

Hi I am very new to Filemaker and want to be able to add tasks to the existing Contact Management solution but I don't see any scripts for it. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Adding tasks to Contact Management solution
          philmodjunk

The starter solutions that come with filemaker are just that, starter solutions to get you started. Filemaker is a solution design tool so you can create custom solutions to meet you or your client's needs. To modify the starter solution requires understanding how to use filemaker enough to modify the design.

You'll need to define your own tables, fields, relationships and possibly a script or two to do this or if these tasks are part of another existing file, you'll need to modify the design of one or both files to link them.

How much of that do you know how to do right now?

There are books and tutorials that can help you learn more on how to use filemaker and you are welcome to ask questions here in the forum.

"Adding tasks to Contact Management" is pretty vague though. You'll need to be more specific about what you want to do here.

• 2. Re: Adding tasks to Contact Management solution
            SteveAldridge

Hi Sorry for being vague when I go onto add a note it creates a note box and I can type in information I need something that links tasks to integrate with ICAL?

thanks

• 3. Re: Adding tasks to Contact Management solution
              philmodjunk

I don't have a Mac so I can't help you with ICAL. If I recall other posts on the subject correctly, this is not a simple thing to set up.