1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 9:03 AM by philmodjunk

Address fields

RobinNeeves_2

Title

Address fields

Can you help me please I have created fields for address i.e.

Street

Town

City

County

Post code

When creating a report if any address field is empty a space will aper on report when printing, how can I prevent this, so if a field is empty the other address lines are moved up to prevent any gaps.

Thank you

Robin

• 1. Re: Address fields
          philmodjunk

Set all the fields from Town to Post Code to slide up--an option on the inspector's position tab and the empty space should disappear when you print or preview the report. Two things can keep this from working. A field with a space in it will look empty but won't slide because it really is empty. If these fields are placed on your layout as Merge text:

<<Street>>
          <<Town>>
          <<City>>
          <<County>>
          <<Post code>>

The return characters entered after the >> to start a new line will keep the fields from sliding up. You can remove the merge fields and use the field tools to add them as fields to fix that problem.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          2. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up.
          3. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          4. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          5. Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
          6. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.