Set all the fields from Town to Post Code to slide up--an option on the inspector's position tab and the empty space should disappear when you print or preview the report. Two things can keep this from working. A field with a space in it will look empty but won't slide because it really is empty. If these fields are placed on your layout as Merge text:
The return characters entered after the >> to start a new line will keep the fields from sliding up. You can remove the merge fields and use the field tools to add them as fields to fix that problem.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.