7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 9:32 AM by philmodjunk

Address spacing

RobinNeeves_2

Title

Address spacing

Can you please help me,

I have address filds that are not always used when I use the sliding up bassed on section the spaces still aper on the printed documents I have tried both All objects above and Only objects directly above, I have tried selecting all the address fields and also excluded the top one.

I have also selected the also resize enclosing part

Also is it posable to enter a tick or check on a layout to indecat the a tick is required in the box.

Thak you for your suport, Robin 

• 1. Re: Address spacing
          philmodjunk

Did you also select "resize enclosing part"? That option should also be selected.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          2. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          3. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          4. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          5. Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
          6. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.

Also is it posable to enter a tick on a layout to indecat the a tick is required in the box.

Don't quite understand what you are asking with that question

• 2. Re: Address spacing
            RobinNeeves_2

I have tried both All objects above and Only objects directly above, I have tried selecting all the address fields and also excluded the top one.

I have also selected the also resize enclosing part, The field are in the body part of the layout.

This was working on some layout previously but dos not work know is there something wrong with the program.

Thank you for your support, Robin 

• 3. Re: Address spacing
              philmodjunk

Please describe or upload an image of the layout. If you upload an image, capture the image while in layout mode.

• 4. Re: Address spacing
                RobinNeeves_2

Can you explain how to upload the layout image

• 5. Re: Address spacing
                  philmodjunk

Do you now how to do a screen capture? In windows, I can press ctrl-alt-prt sc to copy an image of the current window to my clipboard. I can then paste into windows paint and, if necessary, crop or otherwise edit my captured image. I can then save into jpg, gif, or png format. From there, I can use the controls below Post A Answer to upload the file and it's image will appear as part of my post.

• 6. Re: Address spacing
                    RobinNeeves_2

I use a Mac and prt sc is not avalable

Thanks

• 7. Re: Address spacing
                      philmodjunk

I can think of two reasons why sliding might not work:

1) One or more of the fields may be formatted to be vertically centered in the field

2) You are using a single block of merge text instead of regular fields and/or a separate text block for each merge field. When you use a single block of text with several merge fields in it, you have to enter Return characters to position each field on its own line. When the field is empty, there's still a return character to the right keeping a space there between the other fields even though the text block is set to slide/resize.