Did you also select "resize enclosing part"? That option should also be selected.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top, alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
Also is it posable to enter a tick on a layout to indecat the a tick is required in the box.
Don't quite understand what you are asking with that question
I have tried both All objects above and Only objects directly above, I have tried selecting all the address fields and also excluded the top one.
Please describe or upload an image of the layout. If you upload an image, capture the image while in layout mode.
Can you explain how to upload the layout image
Do you now how to do a screen capture? In windows, I can press ctrl-alt-prt sc to copy an image of the current window to my clipboard. I can then paste into windows paint and, if necessary, crop or otherwise edit my captured image. I can then save into jpg, gif, or png format. From there, I can use the controls below Post A Answer to upload the file and it's image will appear as part of my post.
I use a Mac and prt sc is not avalable
I can think of two reasons why sliding might not work:
1) One or more of the fields may be formatted to be vertically centered in the field
2) You are using a single block of merge text instead of regular fields and/or a separate text block for each merge field. When you use a single block of text with several merge fields in it, you have to enter Return characters to position each field on its own line. When the field is empty, there's still a return character to the right keeping a space there between the other fields even though the text block is set to slide/resize.