1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 12:51 PM by philmodjunk

Addresses in the Contact list

RonRuud

Title

Addresses in the Contact list

I imported some names, adresses, and phone numbers into the Contact starter solution for FileMaker Pro 12. After converting the existing files from Excel, I saved the records under Excel again so they could be imported into contacts. They imported without error, but none of the information needed to send out letters appeared. The names show up in alphabetical order, along with the city and state, but the street number,zip cide, and street names do not show up. I want to print labels to send to my customers, but without the street name I can't. There are about a thousand names. The layout drop bar just says 'Contacts" I want to know why it does this and how I can fix it?

• 1. Re: Addresses in the Contact list
          philmodjunk

Is this the contacts starter solution for FileMaker 12 or the ContactManagement Starter solution for FileMaker 11? The starter solutions for FileMaker 12 are quite different in design from those found in earlier releases.

With either starter solution, if you can see names, you should also see the address info. If you don't, then something went wrong with your import of the data or perhaps you have an issue with a specific layout and the imported data is not displaying.

Please identify the precise starter solution you  are using, describe how you imported the data and on what layout you are viewing the data where you cannot see the address info.