Title

Adjusting columbs

I have a columb 5 fields deep:

F1

F2

F3

F4

F5

Occasionally, when the data is entered, one or more items are empty. To look neater and more correct, I want to move a lower number into an empty space above it so that no adjacent fiedas are blank.

Thus, for example:

F1 = 6

F2 is empty

F3 = 7

F4 is empty

F5 = 8

The way is looks now is:

What I want is:

I can't figure this one out, I'm just not smart enough. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Adjusting columbs
          FahimSurani

If you are viewing this in table view or in a portal, perhaps you can attempt to sort the records?

• 3. Re: Adjusting columbs
            philmodjunk

If these are all fields in the same record, you can use "slide up"; "Resize enclosing part" in the sliding and visibility section of the Inspector's position tab to get this to work, but only when the layout is viewed in preview mode, printed or saved as PDF.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
            2. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
            3. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
            4. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
            5. Container fields will slide only if Top, Left alignment is specified for it in the data formatting section of the Inspector's data tab.
            6. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.