Better check for invisibile characters in this text field. If you select "Slide up" "resize enclosing part" for both the description field and any fields/layout objects located beneath it, this space should not appear when in Preview mode or when you print/save as PDF.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Container fields will slide only if Top, Left alignment is specified for it in the data formatting section of the Inspector's data tab.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
Thanks for your reply. I looked for invisible characters and there are none. In fact, for testing purposes, I have 3 records so I know there isn't invisible characters in all 3. I selected 'Slide up based on' and both radio buttons and 'resize enclosing part' and nothing happened in either Preview or Layout view.
Thanks again for your input.
I have used this method any number of times. It does work (but not in browse or layout mode), so something isn't set up correctly.