Can you get to the Manage Security window? If so, the default Admin account is in place, which has no password.
Great suggestion. I thought I remembered doing that, BUT it didn't work.
More info...When I click to edit the Admin user it shown Admin as the user and 20 dots as the password. I never have used 20 characters for a password.
It always shows the password field full of dots. If you can get to the Manage Security window, it means you have Full Access privileges, and can change the Admin password - and any other accounts - to whatever you want.
I can get to the Manage Security screen, but when I try to change something it asks for the User & Password again and what I enter fails.
- Go to Manage Security
- On the Accounts tab, Click New...
- For Account Name, enter 'master'
- For Password, enter 'master'
- For Privilege Set, choose 'Full Access'
- Click OK
- Click OK again
- When the Confirm Full Access Login window appears, enter 'master' for the Full Access Account and Password
Solved. Again thanks for your help.
I wound up deleting the Admin user and adding in a new user with full access and it worked.