AnsweredAssumed Answered

Advanced Excel Import, Advanced Calculation, or Advanced Script Issue

Question asked by KCr on Aug 16, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Advanced Excel Import, Advanced Calculation, or Advanced Script Issue

Sorry, this is hard to label.  I have a filemaker pro advanced database & an excel spreadsheet.  The problem is that the information in the spreadsheet isn't neatly in columns.  For example...

NameDateAddressPhone NumberDate Hired
Mike Smith8/10/14Somewhere, TX. 76522817-547-503801/20/10

Training CompletedDate
   CISSP06/01/10
   Security+10/10/12

NameDateAddressPhone NumberDate Hired
Jane Doe8/10/14Nowhere, TX 76522817-547-252912/10/13

Training CompletedDate
   A+5/12/10
   VCP5-DCV7/08/11

In this scenario, I have four tables.  Table 1 - The import table, Table 2 - The member roster, Table 3 - The training courses required, Table 4 - The table combining the roster & the required training that the member's have completed.

So, basically what I'm trying to do is figure out some way to import the data, run a script, or perform a calculation that would allow me to align the member (from table 2) with the training required (table 3) & date the training was completed (table 1).  I cannot change the Excel format, as much as I would like to.

Any suggestions?  Anything would be helpful.  Thanks!

Kevin

Outcomes