1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2010 9:44 PM by comment_1

Advanced Find

eibcga

Title

Advanced Find & Duplicate Record

Just some general questions...

Advanced Find

1)  Is FMP11 able to, for example, find records where the criteria are based on a formula result?

For example, assuming I have the required fields in my database, I wanted to find all records where fields: SellPrice < CostPrice * 1.2.  FMP11 will then list all records of products where the sell price is less than 20% more than the buy price?  Another example, I wanted to know all customers whose delivery address is different from their mailing address?  Say I wanted to know all customers whose 60 day balance is more than half their total balance?

Duplicate Record

2)  Under the Records menu, Duplicate Record, FMP11 will duplicate the record on which my cursor is on in Table View.  Can FMP11 also duplicate records in a found set, or a selected range of records, that may or may not be adjacent to each other (e.g., I wanted to enter records similar to what I have entered before).

Thanks.

Beginner FMP11 user on Mac OS X 10.6.3

• 1. Re: Advanced Find & Duplicate Record
          comment_1

1. Filemaker can use calculated criteria for a find - but it will NOT perform calculations during the find. To find all records where SellPrice < CostPrice * 1.2 you need either to loop among all records, omitting those that do not meet the criteria, or define a calculation field and use it for the find.

2. This too can be scripted.