3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2011 8:21 PM by LaRetta_1

Alignment Issues

MikeProcopio

Title

Alignment Issues

I have some grouped text and buttons that look aligned on my screen , but then when I switch to a bigger screen are out of wack. I've seen other solutions that had averything grouped as one unit to keep them together reguardless of the size of the screen. Any ideas

• 1. Re: Alignment Issues
          LaRetta_1

Out of whack?  That description is a bit lacking, LOL.  A screen shot in layout mode (and then in browse mode) would help.  There are only two things I can think of off-hand:  1) some of the objects may be set to auto-size or 2) alignment or indent is set on some of the text.  :^)

• 2. Re: Alignment Issues
            MikeProcopio

I moved everything to the right which works a little bit better, but I had everything in the middle on the bottom of the screen. It looks good on one screen all out of alignment in a larger one

• 3. Re: Alignment Issues
              LaRetta_1

I am afraid I only see one image and it is in browse mode.  And I cannot tell exactly what you are pointing at which is out of alignment, Mike.   Can you copy and paste all of these layout objects ( Edit - Select All ) and paste them into a new file and upload it somewhere so we can look at the objects themselves?  If you do not have a website, you can upload your file to any freeware site such as 4shared.com.  It doesn't cost anything.

I have never had resolution affect alignment of objects so I am very interested to help you understand this issue.  Also, what version of FileMaker are you using (and have all the updaters been applied; v3 if windows and v4 if Mac, I believe).  And what is your OS and version please.