5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2011 12:52 PM by jeffcrain

All records don't show in list

jeffcrain

Title

All records don't show in list

Hi,

Windows XP

FMPro 11

I have a data table with 4000+ records.  When I create a form view all are available to view.  Using the same data and create a list view only about 300 are available to view with lots of blank lines.  No calculations or any modifications.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: All records don't show in list
          philmodjunk

Is the data all from a single table or does some data come from related table(s)?

When you created your form view, did you create an entirely new layout or modify the form view layout?

Assuming you created a new layout, did you select the exact same name in layout setup|Show Records From for both layouts?

Are any of these fields that are appearing blank for many of the records text fields that might have more than one line of text, but are only large enough to show a single line in your list view? If so, what happens if you click or tab into one of these blank fields while you are in browse mode?

• 2. Re: All records don't show in list
            jeffcrain

Table Structure:  Contact Database, related table Price List.

I created the layouts from new

I believe I did select the same show records for both layouts.  I have done this about 15 times different ways.

I don't believe the text is longer than the list view.  There is only one line of text.

• 3. Re: All records don't show in list
              jeffcrain

Ooops forgot this:

I am using the Price list only when I have this problem.

• 4. Re: All records don't show in list
                philmodjunk

Things to check:

Enter layout mode and check "Show Records From" in Layout Setup... for both layouts to confirm that they are the same.

Double click the fields on your new layout and check to see if the name in the drop down at the top of the specify fields dialog box shows "Current Table".

Enter Browse mode and click or tab into one of these blank records. Does anything appear when you click into them?

• 5. Re: All records don't show in list
                  jeffcrain

Thank you for your help.  I had deleted these layouts prior to receiving the last post.  I have tried to duplicate it however it is working correctly.  I must have had something set incorrectly.  Being a newbie I have learned something and now have a better idea on troubleshooting.

Thank you again, Jeff