2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 8:28 AM by philmodjunk

allow kiosk users to save and print items with a list, basket or favorite option

baztown

Title

allow kiosk users to save and print items with a list, basket or favorite option

Hi, 

I am working on a museum database and i would like to add a option for a user to save items to a list / basket which he can then print / email or even save with reference code for future viewing. 

I started by creating a 'MyList" table with the following fields -  item serial (the saved items serial#), Table (which table was the saved item- media, doc, ) and notes for the user to write notes to remember what each item is / was.

Problem:

This (sort of) works as long as only one item was saved. Once the user adds a seconds then the script must keep track of the last viewed / used record in the "MyList" table or else a new record in "MyList" will be created every time an item is saved which will fragment the entire list.

1)How can I keep all saved items under one record in the "MyList" table?

2) If a user saves e.g. 20 items , would I have to create 20 fields in the "MyList" table to be ready for large lists?

Thank you.

edit: I guess this would work with a favorite option , if FM supports one.