AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alphanumeric decimal in Portal not displaying properly

Question asked by GrimlockHale on Jun 21, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Alphanumeric decimal in Portal not displaying properly

Hi,

I built a database that has 3 different tables in it.

Two of them have records of books and versions and the third is a customer table that takes its data from the other two.

The reason there are 2 different ones to start with is because they are different types of books with different categories and sub categories. 

Now, the way the third (customer) table works is, user picks a customer name (from a preexisting value list) then picks the book name from a popup menu. Then based on that selection, the user is given the available Languages for that particualr book including only related values. Then the user is given the available versions for that particular Book AND Language including only related values through an instance of the third (customer) table.

All the data here is displayed properly. 

The problem begins when I create a portal that shows which books each customer purchased. The book name displays correctly, language displays correctly but the version is jumbled.

The version is an alphanumeric decimal (even though it usually doesn't have a letter, sometimes it does). In the tables it is displayed as 1.00, 1.10, 1.20, 5.33, 1.31a etc. but in the portal they will display (respectively) as: 1, 1.1, 1.2, 5.33, 1.311 etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I hope I've provided enough information.

Thanks!

Outcomes