Perhaps you have your Pattern to be empty? Check next to the color selector for the alternate background.
Nope, the pattern is filled in. Thanks for the idea though.
Thank you for your post.
I'm not sure where the problem lies.
Try the following:
1. Go into Layout Mode and double-click the Body.
2. Put a check mark in the option "Alternate background fill:"
3. In the first box - fill - select bright yellow.
4. In the second box - pattern - select the first item in the second column - black on white".
You should now see a bright yellow image in the third box.
5. Click OK.
6. Pull down the View menu and select Browse Mode.
7. Pull down the View menu and select either View as List or View as Table.
You should now see bright yellow background in every other record.
If this works, then adjust the color first, and then adjust the pattern.
I was in form view instead of list view. Thanks so much!! I knew I was doing something silly.
I've tried this several times and can not get it to work. I'm using FM10 on XP. Is there an issue with this?
Nope, No XP issues with this.
I've been using the technique described by TSGal for quite a while now.
Double check what you're doing against the steps she posted.
Is there any way to do this in Forms view? I have a layout that prints multiple forms per page, and an alternating color would help the readability. Any thoughts? Thanks.