Report An Issue is intended for Reporting Possible Software bugs. Questions on how to work with FileMaker Pro should be posted in the FM Pro Forum Section. (See tab at top of this screen.)
Base lines aren't the only line you can specify here. You can specify the bottom field border or you can use the line tool to draw a horizontal line below your field. This horizontal line can be set to slide and resize just like your fields.
But if you need side borders, you have my sympathy as they are pretty much impossible with variable height fields and also bottom borders.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
This will be about 11 pages or so in length. Should it be a regular layout or report layout?
"regular" layout? "report" layout? what do you mean by that?
This is not a question that I can answer anyway as it depends both on the design requirements of your report and that of the table(s) that contain the info you need to put into your report.