2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 9:37 AM by mwc_1

Am I going Crazy? Additional tool bar? Can't find it now

bth8

Title

Am I going Crazy? Additional tool bar? Can't find it now

I am an Filemaker 10 and Mac Newbie...  I used to run my small business using Outlook /PC but out grew it...   The other day I was experimenting withmy new Filemaker Pro 10 (I think I was trying to customise a solutions Layout.) I was Sure that I had a additional toolbar down the left side that had the colours, patterns, alignment sitting there. For the life of me I cannot find it again.... Did I imagine it ? , am I going crazy?  

In addition, 

I also found a listing that you could align the the Filemaker's fields with the importing fields.    It had a list on one side and a list on the other and you could align then with little ^ going up or down.   Anyone know where I can find this again???

Thanks

bth8

• 1. Re: Am I going Crazy? Additional tool bar? Can't find it now
          ninja

Howdy bth8,

welcome to the forum.  Thanks for the post.

The "toolbar" on the left side is called the "Status Area"  Check the little buttons on the bottom left of your window pane.  There are two zooms and a Show/Hide toggle for the status area.

The import field matching list is partway through the import process.  File>Import Records>{source}.  Then you'll get to the matching list.

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Am I going Crazy? Additional tool bar? Can't find it now
            mwc_1

bth8 wrote:

I am an Filemaker 10 and Mac Newbie...  I used to run my small business using Outlook /PC but out grew it...   The other day I was experimenting withmy new Filemaker Pro 10 (I think I was trying to customise a solutions Layout.) I was Sure that I had a additional toolbar down the left side that had the colours, patterns, alignment sitting there. For the life of me I cannot find it again.... Did I imagine it ? , am I going crazy?  

In addition, 

I also found a listing that you could align the the Filemaker's fields with the importing fields.    It had a list on one side and a list on the other and you could align then with little ^ going up or down.   Anyone know where I can find this again???

Thanks

bth8

In FM10, the toolbars are now at the TOP of the screen. In ALL other versions is was on the Left.

When editing a layout, use the View --> Object, arrange, align, format, to see these toolbars (again, these are on the TOP in FM10)...

And, with the IMPORT question...do you mean ASSIGN rather than ALIGN?

When using the import function, you can ASSIGN the imported data to individual fields...but you need to select the import file FIRST.