1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 10:12 AM by philmodjunk

Another fun layout question

SamRembert

Title

Another fun layout question

I've been having a great time with Filemaker 13's layout tools.  

Now I have a burning question.  Another one I think may not be possible, but you guys have helped me a lot before!

In the attached photo, you can see a list the way I currently have it on the left, and the way I want it on the right. On the bottom is my current layout.

The big difference is that I'd like the graphic image of the gobo placed like it is to the side.  It's part of the Gobo sub-summary.  But as of v12, Filemaker cuts off anything that extends beyond the borders of a part.  I tried a portal, but it doesn't appear that portals allow sub-summaries.  Now...I could be completely wrong on that.

Is there anyway to have the "Gobo" sub-summary overlap the "Type" sub-summary below?

My other option is to just make the image smaller and place it within the confines of the Gobo summary, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

:) Sam

filemaker_gobo_layout.png

• 1. Re: Another fun layout question
          philmodjunk

Hmmm, I saw the loss of this trick (putting the field top edge in the sub summary layout part) in Version 10 or 11, let alone 12. wink

In FileMaker 13, you could put the image inside a popover so that you could click to see the image in larger format, but that's not an option if you plan to print from this layout...

You can't put sub summary layout parts into portals.