2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2011 12:14 PM by philmodjunk

Another If Statement Calc Issue

ZoocMan85

Title

Another If Statement Calc Issue

Hey Everyone,

I need help with this IF statment calc...  

If ( DisabledQuesion  = "YES" or sixtyandover = "YES" and  (RentMortgage  > 458); RentMortgage; -0 )

What im trying to accomplish is... if the person is disabled or age sixty and over....subtract the full rent or mortgage amount they are paying. If they are not disabled and age sixty and over.... then the max deducation for rent or mortgage can only be 458. Im Lost!

Thanks

Ray

• 1. Re: Another If Statement Calc Issue
          c.wagner1

I think I have worked out what you are trying to accomplish:

If the persons age is >= 60 and they are disabled rentmortgage should be 0

If the persons age is >= 60 and they are not disabled rentmortgage should be 458 less

If the person is younger then 60 rentmortgage should have no change.

I may rework this depending on which criteria you feel would be the most common.  I am going to guess the last criteria would be the most common.  There is not as many people older then 60 then there is less then 60.  This would not necessarily be the case if you where writing a solution for AARP.

case (

sixtyandover <> "YES"; RentMortgage;

sixtyandover = "YES" and DisabledQuestion = "YES";  0;

RentMortgage - 458)

Chris

• 2. Re: Another If Statement Calc Issue
            philmodjunk

I assume you are computing the deduction amount as you don't have anything in your expression from which to subtract it.

If ( DisabledQuesion  = "YES" or sixtyandover = "YES" ; RentMortgage; Min ( 458 ; RentMortgage ) )